Jacqueline Neves Jewellery at Imagemaker Gallery


“Sparkling Crystal Seashell Necklace & Earring Set”  
    I am pleased to announce that my jewellery is on display again at Imagemaker Gallery in Port Credit. An eclectic collection of one of a kind jewellery in different styles, made with a  wonderful assortment of unique materials: up cycled vintage and Post Consumer Sterling Silver, Gemstones, Pearls, Antique Gold Filled pendants & chain, vintage costume jewellerycomponents mixed with some new Gemstones, Semi Precious stones, Freshwater Cultured Pearls, Glass & Crystal, Sterling Silver & Vermiel & more.
   I purchase all my materials here in Canada, to keep my wearable art as Canadian as possible.
   Imagemaker Gallery is owned by Bev Tang-King located at 175 Lakeshore Road East, Port Credit, Ontario, its a wonderful place to see exciting new artwork and meet the artists.
     They have monthly exhibits and with each exhibit they have a reception that’s open to the public so that everyone can meet the artist and hear their stories.
    My Jewellery style is eclectic; I am always experimenting with different materials, up cycling antique, vintage and post consumer jewellery materials like the rare and  unique stones, pearls, glass beads or other precious treasures I find at  local antique markets, vintage & second hand shops, etc.
   I am influenced by many different styles and cultures from all over the world as well as being deeply inspired by nature, so my work is vibrant, colorful and appeals to so many people.  
“Vintage Blue Stone Pearl Necklace”  
   I create fine vintage inspired jewellery, delicate designs with Edwardian, Victorian and Art deco influences as well as nature inspired, bold organic designs with natural gemstones.
  The delicate, vintage inspired necklace in the photo above was created with a decorative antique blue stone pendant, antique gold filled chain and pearls, in contrast with the bold necklace in the photo below made with large vintage Fluorite stones, small vintage Rose Quarts with Aventurine & Amethyst  that compliment the purples and greens in the Flourite.

“Fluorite Fan Gemstone Necklace”   
  I alos create lively Celtic inspired jewellery as well as elaborate ancient Egyptian influenced beaded collars, rich ethic style jewelry made with vintage African trade beads and so much more. From minimalist to statement pieces,  there are no limits!
     I have been collecting and resorting antique jewellery for over 25 years, I find the most incredible stones, pearls, beads, pendants, clasps, chain and all sorts of rare jewellery components and materials. These rare materials all have history, they all have stores and these stories also influence my work.
   Sometimes the ideas an images for my jewellery come to me while Im holding the stones, beads etc, sometimes the designs just flow  right from my mind to my hands and into the jewellery as I create,  with very little planning.

“Coat Of Arms Statement Necklace”  
  Most of my ideas come t me when I’m out walking in nature or sitting by the water. I love water; it’s so relaxing.  I meditate, pray, dream and search for rare lake glass & interesting objects on the beach as well as take lots of photos.
     I also create jewellery while I sit by the water; I usually carry a bag with a few stones, wire and tools when I go out. I have some favorite rocks that are quite comfy and I can spend hours creating while the rhythm of the water flows through me, it’s so peaceful and restorative.
    Our winters here are long and cold, so I want to spend as much time as possible being creative outside in nature.  My workshop at home is bright and cheery, but, the lake is more amazing!

“Agate Dancing on the Water Necklace” 
     I love nature and preserving our environment is very important to me, so I go out of my way to create my jewellery and run my business with as little impact on the environment as possible.
     I use mainly hand tools to create my jewellery and I go out of my way to use the most earth friendly methods of construction possible, using as many non toxic, vegan friendly products as I can.


     
     Port Credit is a wonderful place for an artist to live, there are so many creative people here. Not only is the beauty of the town inspiring the artists are inspiring too.
      If you get a chance to visit Port Credit here in city of Mississauga (in the Greater Toronto Area), please visit the Imagemaker Gallery http://imagemakerap.com/   to see lots’ of exciting artwork, see my jewellery and you can even get creative and take class’s.
      Make sure you come to the receptions to meet the artists and their stories.
  Thank you for stopping by  to read my blog. I hope it was inspiring.
   You can see more of my jewellery on my webiste, online store and Etsy shop: 
                                                    anythingsposiblejewellery.com
                                                   anythingspossiblejewellery.ca

                                                     Etsy: WaterRhythmGems

            Have a peaceful day.
                                  Jacqueline


Comments

Popular Posts