I'm Moving!

Im moving to a new home and I'm excited, but, its a big job! Moving isn't easy for anyone, but, trying to do it while living with chronic pain, back pain and Fibromyalgia is unbelievably difficult! I have to be very creative to find ways to get the work done. I would appreciate any ideas you may have too!
    My new workshop is going to be amazing. There is nothing like an empty room to make my imagination go wild!
    Organization is the key to every jewellery designer! I have to be able to find everything easily to create custom orders quickly. With thousands of beads, findings, wire, stones, tools, etc... its very important to get things just right.
    Then there is the rest of the house! Lol!
    We are moving to a smaller home and we have to give away so much of our furniture and other things. I find it much easier to let things go when I know that someone else is going to enjoy it. Its a liberating feeling to give away things. I think less is better sometimes.
    I am one of those people whos weight fluctuates. I loose weight and gain weight. I have about three wardrobes, but, I dont have space, so, when I loose some more weight again I have an excuse to go shopping again!
   I used to love designing and sewing my own clothes.  I love to upcycle old clothes and create new designs, but, I just dont have time, not with my business and being a homemaker. 
      I cant sleep with the pain from my back at night, so, I lay there imagining and designing my new curtains and how I will arrange things in my workshop. I go online and shop for things I need, that keep my mind busy and helps to keep me from focusing on the pain. Im too sore to run around to the stores for everything so I go shopping online, its wonderful! I love using PayPal too, expecially for wesites Idont know.
    My packing boxs come the next day, and almost everything I need is a click away!
     I have to take care of myself too. I try to do my excersises I learn in my Pain Management Class and take time for prayer and meditation. I have to ask God for the strength to get things done and my husband is working hard too. We are working as a team and it brings us closer together.
    I have OCD, so I have to make sure the new home is spotless, but, my husband helped me and its spotless now, ready to live in. OCD is good for making high quality jewelery, I make sure things are as perfect as possible.
    I just want to put my feet up and make jewellery and I have a deep desire to paint again too. I want to create all the time!
    As I go through the boxs of stones and beads, I find things I forgot I had, its so much fun and I have so many ideas, but, it slows down the packing process.
    Oh well, its back to work for me.  I hope you come back to see what amazing new designs Ive created!
     Have a peaceful day and God bless you.
                       Jacqueline Neves

Comments

Popular Posts