Antiqued Copper Cross Festoon Necklace



“Romantic Antique Copper Cross Necklace” 
  I just created this elegant Vintage Inspired festoon necklace made with streams of antiqued copper chain, sparkly glass beads and a gorgeous antiqued copper cross with clear stones. I dangled lot's of sparkly copper / brown color Czech fire polished glass beads all over. These brilliant glass beads have a metallic copper finish on half the bead that allows light to shine into the faceted glass and reflect out again, the effect is amazing. The blending of copper chain & sparkle is gorgeous and does not take anything away from the sparkly clear faceted stones in the ornate cross.
  I have always loved festoon style necklaces, I love the streams of chain or beads, the draping or the flow of materials. I feel so free as I drape the chain or beads, up and down, around and about, sort of like draping garlands around a Christmas tree, I feel that kind of joy as I'm designing, only it must look perfect, so I do spend lot' of time making sure each drape is lined up perfectly. The necklace must look like it was created effortlessly, even though it can take hours to make sure it hangs just right.
    I just love designs that have lot's of movement. Jewellery should move and flow with the body. Each festoon necklace is a delight, full of  joyful energy and fun. You have to have fun when your creating jewellery.
  This antique looking, festoon necklace is very wearable, especially the dark metal. It's not too heavy, not  too ornate, I think it's decorative yet tasteful enough for any special occasion. The look of antiqued metal has a more mat finish and a deeper color, so even though it has some bling, it's not over the top.  
    The Cross has a Antique copper finish, very authentic looking, this necklace looks like a genuine Antique Necklace, but, it has a very modern look.
   You can see my Handmade necklace posted on my website: http://www.anythingspossiblejewellery.com/handmade-vintage-inspired-antique-style-necklaces-dark-metal-sets.html
  Well, I better get going and create some more jewellery. I have so many ideas and only two hands.
          Thanks for stopping by, please visit again. Have a peaceful day.
                                        God bless you.
                                               Jacqueline Neves
                                      

Comments

Popular Posts