Symbolism In Custom Made Jewellery

Custom Made Bridal Ankle Bracelet-Hand Engraved Heart Pendant & Hand Stamped Initial Pendants with Swarovski Crystal Butterflies-925 Sterling Silver

     Custom made, One of a Kind & Personalized Jewellery has always been popular, but, its popularity has grown over the past few years. I have been creating custom made jewllery for many years, but, more than ever, most of my clients want me to create jewelry with inspirational messages, initials, birthstones & my specialty: Symbolism.
    The world is getting sick of all the mass produced stuff out there. We don't want to look like everyone else, we want to look special with beautiful and  unique jewellery and, we want to give gifts that say "I care about you enough to have something made for you"or we want to give gifts with special messages, to express love, friendship, to give encouragement and hope.
     I think we all need messages of encouragement,  I even make jewellery for myself with symbolism to keep me inspired, with reminders of faith or just things that make me smile like a cute little frog pendant or something. I think jewellery should be more than just an accessory or fashion statement, It should bring you joy, you should stare at it in amazement, the intricate detail in a glass bead, the prism the light through a crystal bead, the stones should remind you of the wonders of the earth, the pearls should make you feel like a queen. It doesn't matter if it's my Fine Sterling Silver or my Limited edition costume jewellery, they are all made with the same love and care.
     I have always loved to use symbolism in my jewellery so I get many requests to create pieces with very special messages of love, friendship & encouragement. I use text, numbers, traditional symbols or I create new symbols. I use combinations of numbers, symbols, knots, beads, stones, wire work designs, all sorts of things to create hidden, secret and very obvious messages. The biggest challenge is creating these messages small enough for a wearable pieces of jewellery. Unfortunately I can only get so much text  on a small piece of jewellery, but, I really enjoy the challenge.
     I must note that I will never create a piece of jewellery using any kind of negative message or occult symbols. It is very important that my jewellery be made with love, joy & prayer. I go out of my way to work in a positive, Eco friendly environment. If it feels negative to me, sorry, I don't do it.

Sterling Sliver Claddugh Necklace with Birthstone & Initial Pendant (this necklace has a 6mm round genuine Moonstone Dangle)
 For thousands of years symbolism has been used in jewellery, for example the Claddagh, an ancient Celtic symbol used to express Love, Loyalty & Friendship. Rings, pendants & Bracelets carved with this beautiful symbol (a heart with a crown being held with two hands on either side) and given to his sweet heart before he went to sea or off on a long journey.
   I love to use the claddagh in my friendship, family & bridal jewellery too.
 I use lot's of Celtic symbolism in my jewellery, not just because of my Celtic background, but, they are very beautiful, intricate and most of the designs are made of continuous lines that go on and on forever. These beautiful, designs were adopted by the Christian Church to express God's infinite love and power, so you will see many Celtic designs in Christian Jewellery.
 
Custom Made Ankle Bracelet with Birthstones: Garnet & Blue Lapis, wire wrapped to an Infinity Symbol, Sterling Silver chain, finished with a Celtic Inspired Infinity Coil pendant.
   
  The very popular Infinity Symbol, a sideways 8 is a mathematical symbol that represents infinity or the possibility of Infinity. It is also a continuous line and it is also used by other cultures. Again a line that never ends, continuous, a perfect symbol for friendship jewelly, Sisters, Love, etc. Love that will last forever.

Butterfly Transformation Necklace-Sterling Silver-Cubic Zirconia

 
      There are so many symbols used in jewellery, but, my favorite is the butterfly. Butterflies have long been used as symbols for transformation and beauty, but, they mean so much more to me. They have deep spiritual meanings for me, the represent hope, they remind me of the most incredible transformation in my life. They remind me of God's love for us, He created so much beauty for us to enjoy and they remind me that God is the ultimate artist, the creator.
   Well, I just thought I would share a little about symbolism in my Custom made jewellery  while I took a break and had a cup of tea, now I'm off to make some more jewellery.  Thank you for stopping by and please come again. I would love to read some of your ideas and comments about symbolism in jewellery.
    You can see more of my jewellery on my website anythingspossilbejewellery.com
   Have a blessed day.
                     Jacqueline Neves


www.anythingspossiblejewellery.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jacqueline-Neves-Canadian-Jewellery-Artist/364123394091
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/APJbyJNeves

Comments

  1. I like the way you used those symbols. Butterfly is beautiful. Nice designs of necklaces.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts