Beach Glass Pendants & Chronic Pain

Beach Glass from Lake Ontario

Beach Glass Pendants by Jacqueline Neves

     I love being near water! I live and work here in Port Credit,  beside the Credit River at the mouth of Lake Ontario. I am surrounded with beautiful parks and pathways that stretch miles and miles along the waterfront. 
     I can enjoy the water all year,  weather it's the fascinating shapes the ice makes on the river in winter or the salmon jumping in the spring, the water is beautiful.   
     l love walking along the water in warm weather, it's so relaxing and rejuvenating. The rythem of the waves, the fresh air, the sun sparkling off the water, its wonderful, I feel alive!
  I am always find interesting stones, shells, wood and glass on the beaches and I love to make jewellery with them because each little treasure I find has a wonderful memory attached.
     I made a bracelet with beach glass and every time I wear it, I look at that piece of old, worn green glass and I smile. The memory of that gorgeous spring day at the lake is so fresh in my mind, I go back in time for a moment and it makes me feel so happy.
  No mater where I am, the reminder of that little piece of glass make me relax and almost feel the waves of the water rolling onto the beach.
  I wish that everyone who wore my beach glass jewellery would remember their most beautiful experiences by the water and bring them joy! 

Clam water in the spring-Lake Ontario-Port Credit, Ontario, Canada

     Making my jewellery is my favorite thing to do, sitting at the beach is pretty close, but, making jewellery while sitting at the beach is the best.
    I guess it sounds like I have one of the best jobs in the world, well I think I do:) Making jewellery is more than a job or something I love to do, it's a gift from God, it's such an important part of my life because it helps me to deal with chronic pain. I's a gift that has given me so much joy and purpose during the most difficult times of my life.
   I have a wonderful husband who goes walking with me when he can, he encourages me and pushes me, through the pain. Walking really helps me, so I have to walk, even if I don't feel like it and even if it is only a short distance.
   When I'm tired I get to rest in gorgeous places by the water. My husband helps me find beach glass. He picks it up for me so I don't hurt my back, he is so sweet.     
  I have had to leave glass on the beach sometimes when I'm by myself because I couldn't pick it up, I guess those pieces were meant for someone else.
   There is something so special about rocks and glass polished by the waves. I suppose it's because I love the water so much. I love the sound, the motion, the rhythm, it matches mine and brings me to a relaxed state where I feel alive.


Pebbles On The Beach


   Working with chronic pain & fibromyalgia is not easy. Some days I just cant work, so on good days I do as much as I can. I work at home so I can stop and rest, lay down if I need to, I do my exercises (pain management class) and go for walks.
     I have to be very creative to find ways to work and take care of my husband and home.  I can work on my phone, my tablet, computer. I can sit and even lay down to work on my website. I set up my workshop to be as adjustable as possible with ergonomic tools and pace myself. The pain put's limits on how much I can do, but, I can!
   Anything's Possible if you believe! my faith is the most important thing in my life and I believe so Anything's Possible!
   Life is a challenge, but, I choose to have a good life. I choose to fight through it and enjoy the good moments, endure the bad while dreaming of the wonderful things I will do in the future!
  I met an elderly man who lives with terrible pain and he told me that he deals with his pain by imagining he is laying on the beach. He closes his eyes and he can feel the heat of the sun, he can hear the waves roll in even the birds. He said he disappears into that moment and relaxes, he forgets about his pain for a little while. That's been and inspiration and a goal of mine.
    We can use the beauty of nature to help us deal with pain. Weather it's on your apartment balcony or in a city park you can find beauty. We can use our imaginations to recapture and experience a beautiful moment, but, it means we have to pay attention to our surroundings.
  When I am experiencing a beautiful moment, like a spring morning by the lake. I take the time to really experience it. I try to remember everything about it to imprint it in my mind for the future. The sounds of the birds, the sound of the water hitting the rocks, the way the grass smells, the way I have to squint my eyes because the sun is so bright, the warmth of the sun on my face. I want to experience it all, the sounds, smells, everything I can, to imprint that moment in my memory for the future.
  I took this photo of my feet in the sand and took the time to feel the warmth of the sand and everything about that moment and the wonderful day we had at the beach.
     I take photos and sometime video's to inspire me on bad days or in the winter. When the long cold, dark winter gets me a little down, I look at photo's I took during the spring, summer or colorful autumn day, then I recall those wonderful memories. Then I feel inspired and that cold winter day is not so dull.
    I encourage everyone to take the time to really experience and remember the beautiful moments in life, even if you don't need to use them to take your mind off pain, those memories are precious treasures you can enjoy for the rest of your life.
  Well I hope you have a wonderful day and please take the time to smell the flowers, look at he sky and experience all the beauty around you.
              Have a blessed day.
                                     Jacqueline
 
Twitter: APJbyJNeves
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts