Be Creative In A Peaceful Mood In A Peaceful Place No Matter Where You Are Today!


 Make Today a Happy, Peaceful Day!

  Its a cold, windy, rainy day, but inside is warm and cozy. The wind is making that strange sound, like a creepy whistle, I like it! I have candles flickering and a cup of hot tea, what a great start to the morning.
  I have to finish some custom jewellery orders, but, first I think I need to do some mediation and prayer as well as some gentle stretching exercises
 Ive been in a stressful situation, so I need to focus my mind on positive things. My relationship with God and my relationship with myself is very important.  If we get too caught up in this crazy world around us, we will get lost in it. So I do everything I can to make my home and especially my workshop cozy and peaceful, to make myself happy no mater what is going on around me.
   As an artist, I want my work to reflect my joy and happiness. I love making jewellery, it gives me so much joy. I feel so peaceful when I am creating, I get lost in wrapping the wire, beading the decorative glass beads, sanding and polishing metal. I love to restore and create new pieces with old broken jewellery like Antique and vintage beads and other components. As I look at the old jewellery I think about the past owners, what did they look like, what were they like and my mind wanders off into another time.
  When I go out to and antique store or a market, I search for interesting pieces to add to my collection, but, I'm also looking for pieces of jewellery that have interesting beads or components that I can use in my new creations. I love to ask the shop keepers if they have broken pieces, sometime they have a box of old broken jewellery, bits and pieces they think is junk, but, I buy it and take it home.
    Its so exciting to find wonderful old clasps, rare and beautiful beads, all sorts of old finding I can clean up and reuse, its so much fun. It may be junk to others, but, it's treasure to me.
   It takes a lot of time and work to restore these things, to take all the little jump rings, claps, beads etc and put them in little box's and store them with like pieces, but, its worth it. I feel so relaxed and excited looking through the treasures box's, sometimes I save them for days like this.
  Sometimes I get pieces of jewellery that feel bad or things with negative or occult symbols and I get rid of them right away, I dont want them to affect my peace.  I only want to work with happy jewellery. I clean everything, I wash everything because its usually very dirty, covered in dust and dirt, dried up cosmetics and creams, it's actually quite disgusting sometimes. I have OCD, so it's good therapy. LOL!
  I also pray over my jewellery, I ask God to bless it and everyone who wears it. No one is allowed in my workshop in a bad mood! It's my happy room. I pray here, I meditate here, I work here, I'm so blessed.
  Beauty comes from within. I think art is an expression of the artists heart and soul. Sometimes I can see the artist mood in the pieces. Our mood is affected by many things including the atmosphere where we work, so I think its very important to create a pleasant, peaceful place to work. We need peace to let the creative process flow. When the weather is warmer, I love to work outdoors, sitting by the lake is my favorite place.
   Surround yourself with things that make you happy, decorate with colors that are bright or calming, listen to your favorite music, display photo's of people you love, scented oils or candles, plants and anything that will make you relaxed, happy and peaceful. I think you should also find ways to relax your mind and body.
  We live in the real world, life can be very stressful, we may not be where we want to be, but, we can do our best to make it pleasant.
  Well, I better go do my relaxing, so I can create some more happy jewellery!
   I hope this inspired you today. Thank you for reading and come back agin.
   Thank you. God Bless You.
                                    Jacqueline Neves
  
   

Comments

Popular Posts