Selling At Shows While Living With Chronic Pain

Antique Brass chain with European glass beads


I'm really looking forward to doing some shows this summer and selling at the local farmers Market. It's going to be wonderful to get out and meet people in my neighborhood and show off my new creations.
  My website is doing great! I'm busy with lot's of orders & lot's of custom orders,  I get clients from all over the world and It's  great working from home because my chronic pain limits me, but, it's time to try again.
    I gave up on doing shows because it was too difficult, but, as I say "Anything's Possible", so here I go again!
   I have done art shows & craft shows in the past, but, I have never done a fair or market, so this is a new experience. I will  bring some of my more artistic pieces to show off, but, I have focused on creating  lot's of  fabulous  Affordable High Quality, Eco Friendly jewellery that I'm sure everyone will love.
   I have been focusing on creating the most Eco Friendly Jewellery I can, I am Up Cycling so many unique, rare Antique, Vintage, Post Consumer & Recycled materials. I am using non toxic glues and using non toxic methods of creating my jewellery.
    I don't do many shows because it's difficult for me physically because of my chronic pain from a  back injury, fibromyalgia etc. (that's a subject for another day), but, my husband will do the lifting and I can do the selling.
   I have met many courageous Jewelry designers and artist who live with chronic pain. Many of them started to be creative after they were injured or got and illness that caused them to live with chronic pain. Being creative is a wonderful way to deal with pain because it keeps you busy, gives you joy and purpose, it helps to relax your body. When your mind is focused on creating something, it's not  not focusing on pain. You still feel the pain, but, it's easier to deal with it. .I really admire these wonderful artists and I ask them how they do it,  many of them share there experiences and  I listen carefully!
  I will be creative and find ways to do thing so that I don't strain myself too much.  I have a favorite wooden stool that I sit on with my back straight, I will try to move slowly and mindfully and keep in mind all the things I have been taught in my Pain Management Class (it's an amazing  and I have been doing it for years),  I have been taught how to move my body and take care of myself so I can limit further injury.  The shows are so close to home,  that I can take breaks, do my stretching and excersises or lay down for a while and let my husband & friends take care of things. I have a lot of faith and I know I'm going to be fine!
      I did the Port Credit Farmers Market last Saturday ( also July 5, August 9, September 6, October 4th) it was fun and so many customers, so I see I'm going to need  lot's of jewellery for next weekend because there will be thousands of people at the  Mississauga Waterfront Festival: June 13.14 & 15th.
  I want to seem like I am complaining, but, I think it's important to share some ideas on how to do shows with chronic pain because there are so many other people trying to do the shows too. I'm going to experiment, find ways and share them with others. I hope I can help someone else.
     Living with chronic pain and choosing to be happy is not easy, but, you can do it. I have found ways to make jewellery even though my hands, wrists and arms get sore. I can only do wire work so long, I can only  handle a hammer so long or  knotting, etc, so I switch from one thing to another, that's one of the reason's work with so many different materials, different styles & One of a Kind pieces. I can only use a particular tool for so long, so I change from one thing to another and when the hands get too sore, I work on the computer and when the carpel tunnel gets too bad, I do something else. If you take a look at  my website, you will see all the different methods, styles and materials I use. I love all these materials, but, this is how I manage the pain in my hands.
  There are ways to make jewellery with pain and  I will be more than happy to share my ideas on how to do it and if you have any suggestions to help me and other readers, that would be wonderful.
     Well, I'm off to make some custom Ankle Bracelets!
  Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back to see how fiar went. Have a peaceful and creative day.
                       God bless you.
                                      Jacqueline Neves
  

Comments

Popular Posts