A Spring Morning Expressed In a Necklace

Spring Morning Necklace-Fluorite, Agate & Sterling Silver by Jacqueline Neves
It's spring again, hooray, I am so happy! This is my favorite time of year, it's like the whole world is waking up from a long, dark, cold sleep. 
  I get so excited to see the buds on the tree's, the flowers popping up out of the ground, colorful flowers like tulips & hibiscus as well as those glorious Magnolia trees that fill up with big pink blooms.
Magnolia Tree by Jacqueline Neves

Lush green grass with little splashes of yellow dandelions, oh my how wonderful dandelions look in the spring, so much better than all the snow and ice. 
 I'm so happy to see green!
I don't 't dislike winter, it's very beautiful with all that fluffy white snow, sparkling like diamonds, but, there is nothing more beautiful than spring in my opinion!
Tree's from my workshop window.
When I got up in the other morning, I opened my curtains and I was so happy to see green outside! This is the view from my window, just gorgeous. 
 I could hear a symphony or bird song from the many trees around my home. My heart filled with joy.
   I wanted to create a piece of jewellery that could express the beauty of that moment. 
I gathered a bunch of gemstone stones, put them on my work table and choose the gorgeous Fluorite nuggets I had just purchased last week. These stones are so unique and colorful. 
I love Fluorite with the variations of greens, blues and purples. These stones have more green with just a little aqua blue and lot's of purple, like green leafs and purple Hibiscus flowers. 
Spring Morning Necklace-Fluorite, Agate & Sterling Silver by Jacqueline Neves

 I combined  the large nuggets with some smaller polished chip beads in the same colors. 
I had a wonderful green agate I've had for a long time and  it was perfect for this necklace. 
  I sat front of the open window as I worked, listening to the birds singing, enjoying the smells of spring,  enjoying every moment.

Spring Morning Necklace-Fluorite, Agate & Sterling Silver by Jacqueline Neves

I used Sterling silver wire and worked in some of the polished chip Fluorite beads in the design. 
I wanted the wire to represent the tree branches and the the coils represent the continuous cycle of life & the changing seasons. 
 The Fluorite nuggets are big, so I used extra strong, flexible 49 strand, nylon coated, stainless steel beading wire and then finished the necklace with a Sterling Silver Toggle Clasp.

When I finished the necklace, I was thrilled to see that I had captured that joyful spring morning in this necklace. It's cheery, colorful, rich, and very organic looking.
Instead of using paints on canvas I used the colors, shapes and textures in the stones & wire to express the beauty of a spring morning. 
I hope you enjoyed this little inspiration today, thank you for stopping by. 
Have a peaceful and creative day.
 Jacqueline 



Comments

Popular Posts