Hammy Was An Inspiration

Hammy (Cinnamon Man)
  I am sorry to tell you that my precious little hamster Hammy (Cinnamon Man) passed away. I really miss him. I know most people think hamsters are just for children, but, I think they are wonderful pets for adults, so easy to take care of and great company.
   I love animals and even though hamsters are not the most intelligent creatures on earth, they are quite smart. If you spend enough time with them, you can train them. All my hamsters have been toilet trained. This little guy was very smart, he would even come when I called his name, I could take him for walks on the grass, without a leash (by the way, those hamster leashes don't work, I tried them. lol!).

  I loved to let him play outside, he was so happy playing in the grass. I wanted him to feel some freedom, but, I had to be very careful to keep him safe because Hawks sometimes fly over head and there is big Feral Cat who lives in the woods near by. He never left my side.

 He really loved being out side, so he had a great summer. I kept him with my while I did beading and wire work sitting out side.

    I really loved this little guy, he was so cute with a wonderful personality. 
    He was very sick when I first got him, diabetic, so I was very careful to feed him a good diet and he got better and became a very healthy hamster.
    He was very active loved to explore, he broke his arm once, took him to the vet, he didn't need a cast, but, we had to take his wheel away for six weeks. I felt so bad for him because Hamsters love to run on their wheels, I was worried he might get depressed not being able to run,  so I kept him by my side and gave him lots of love and attention. 
  He healed fast and was back to running in no time.
   When he got old, he lost his teeth, so I had to cook all his food and mush it up for him. I had to feed him often because the food would to bad fast. I felt sorry for him because Hamsters love to chew, they will chew anything and everything. Thank God he was OK and lived a long time on mushy food.
   Our vet loves him, he called him a miracle hamster, but, my little miracle eventually got too old and he died. It was heartbreaking to see him go, he died one night as I held him in my hands.
Hammy's as a baby

   He lived a long life for a hamster over 21/2 years old, they have very short life spans, only 2 years on average.
  I wish hamsters lived longer,  it's difficult to see them go, so you must enjoy them everyday!
      I keep telling myself I will never want to go through the pain of loosing another hamster, but, the joy they bring to my life is worth it.
    My workshop seems so empty now, so I'm looking for an ethical hamster breeder.  I will write more about that another time.
  Well , back to work. Thank you for stopping by and please be good to all animals, no mater how small they are, they are all special.
  Have a peaceful day.
               Jacqueline :)

Jacqueline Neves
Anythings's Possible Jewellery
anythingspossiblejewellery.com
anythingspossiblejewellery.ca
Etsy  https://www.etsy.com/shop/WaterRhythmGems
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jacqueline-Neves-Canadian-Jewellery-Artist/364123394091
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/APJbyJNeves
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/JacquelineAPJ/
 Instagram: anythingspossiblejewellery

Comments

Popular Posts