Eco Friendlier Jewellery Packaging Inspration

It's mid March and winter is still here. All that fluffy white snow is so pretty! it is cold out there, but, really beautiful. It may look dark outside, but, my workshop is cozy with colorful Turkish lamps and bright work lights on my bench. I't warm and very cheerful, so I can just enjoy the fluffy stuff, drink my hot chi tea, make more jewellery and then  I will have fun walking through it to get the post office to ship my orders.

Snow.
   Here is a photo I took during the heavy snow earlier, you can see the great big feather like snowflakes. I'm amazing he camera caught them like that.

My workshop window, looking out at the snow storm.
    Winter is long here in Ontario, Canada, seven months of cold temperature and grey sky's with some precious sunny days in between. My workshop is in my home, it' is an eco-friendly workshop, so it's very comfortable, a special palce. I work, meditate and pray in here and I love to have flowers in my window.
    You can see the pink Cycloman, the second plant from the left, the one with the pink flowers. They bloom most of the winter, but, they don't have a sent, like orchids. Cyclemen are actually called the Poor Man's Orchid, but, they are precious to me. I have three plants, but, they have stopped blooming now, so I was so happy to find a  pot of Hibiscus flowers, now my workshop smells like spring.
  The heavy snow can't keep me from planning and dreaming of spring, so I am busy making ankle bracelets today, and designing one for another client who loved the colors of my packaging,
Eco Friendlier packaging: Recycled paper gift box's, Natural Jute Bags  & Jute Twine (biodegradable), FCS paper as well as the more traditional white Organza bags.
the lovely  blue ribbons and also the Turquoise beads I sew on the lace bows I sew onto the Natural jute bags, so I am trying to match the colors and create samples to show her. I took some photo's so that she can choose which one she likes.

Aqua Blue Czech Fire Polished Glass beads, Foil Glass and seed beads with Sterling Silver pendants

The sample in the photo above is a sample made with Aqua Blue Czech Fire Polished Glass beads, Foil Glass and seed beads with Sterling Silver pendant to match the blue ribbon that I use on my gift box's.

Turquoise Glass Beads on my Natural Jute Gift Bags with Lace Ribbon and bead sewn on.
    Here is a little sample of the Turquoise Glass Beads on beading wire beside my Natural Jute Gift Bags with Lace Ribbon and bead sewn on I actually make the bows with cotton lace and sew them on with the beads, They take quite a bit time to sew, but, the bags look so sweet. I just sew them while watching a movie, I can take them on the train or wherever. I never get bored, 
   It is really good to have some light sewing or bead work to do when my hands get sore. I have Fibromyalia, so repetitive work can be very painful. I need to change the movements of my hands often. That is one of the reasons I do so many different style of jewellery.  
Sewing the Cotton Lace Bow & Turquoise bead to the Natural Jute Jewellery Pouch
  I love sewing, it's is very relaxing. I cut little strips of the cotton lace then sew the little turquoise glass bead to it and then sew it on the Jute bag. The jewellery pouches look amazing, my clients really love them. They are so me, they express my love of nature and water as well as my boho style.  I wanted Eco friendly bags and they are as natural as i can get, but, they look very plain, very rough, but, with the bows, they look amazing. Many people also love traditional packaging, so they can choose the reusable organza bags.
  I use recycled paper gift boxes that are recyclable, Eco Friendly stickers, Sustainable  paper, Biodegradable Jute bags and twine, the shipping envelopes are also recycled paper and even the packing tape Eco Friendly with water based glue. I am trying my best to choose Eco Friendlier packing for my jewellery. 

Plain Recycled Paper Kraft Box's can look amazing with a little
 work and imagination.



  

    













Well, I better get back to work, it's been wonderful to spend some time writing while sipping my tea. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you are warm and cozy too.
   Take care and have a peaceful day.
                        Jacqueline 

Comments

Popular Posts